Entering a new environment can be taxing on any dog. At Emerald Street Kennels, we believe the best way to introduce a dog to his new play group is nice and slow. Thus, we give every dog who comes in for their first day our temperament test.
- It all starts with you! Fill out our Dog Information Sheet to let our staff know what makes your dog tick. From there we'll be able to assess which of our four play groups your dog would be most comfortable with.
- Once in the appropriate playroom, we'll remove the majority of our dogs from the room, as to not overwhelm your dog with too many new friends at once. We'll place your dog in our introduction gate, so no one gets too friendly at first. From the gate, your dog will be able to see, smell, and listen to his new surroundings.
- Once our handlers finish reading the information sheet you provided to us, and analyzing your dog's body language, they'll open the gate and let your dog explore his/her new environment and interact with his/her new friends.
- From there, we'll slowly introduce more of our dogs to yours, and eventually, they'll be immersed with the whole playgroup!
- At the end of the day, you'll receive a report card detailing your dog's progress with us that you can keep as a souvenir
- If you pick up your dog before we close, the first temperament test is free!
If you'd like our staff to re-test your dog or simply provide a report card for a daycare visit, please let our receptionist know.
All dogs entering the facility must meet our vaccine requirements if they wish to interact with other dogs. Please contact us or your vet if you are unsure about the vaccinations.